You Can Make A Difference
Support Your Local CAP Squadron
Thank you for visiting our Donations and Sponsorship page. We are delighted you are considering supporting the Mobile Composite Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol. No matter how you decide to contribute, know that you are supporting a great organization with three amazing Missions that help us serve our community, state and nation.
Tax Deductible Donations to Individual CAP Units
A designated Squadron representative can provide you with our Tax Exempt Letter, in addition to a thank you letter acknowledging your donation.
Since our Tax Exempt Letter covers CAP nationally, sometimes a business might require a unit tax exempt letter (otherwise known as a subordinate organization letter). We must request this letter from National. Please let us with any information or special language you wish to be contained in this letter.
Designating How A Donation / Sponsorship Is To Be Used
If there is no designation on how a donation is to be used, it will default to the Squadron general fund. However, if you want your donation to support a specific cause, your donation will be allocated for that purpose only.
Types of Donations / Sponsorships
There are so many ways individuals and businesses can support your local Civil Air Patrol Squadron.
- Monetary donations (one-time or recurring)
- donate to our Squadron’s general fund
- donate to our Squadron’s “food fund” that can provide lunches during extended training, and refreshments for special events
- make a donation to our uniform fund for new cadets
- donate to Cadet Program activities
- to provide for activities, lunch, etc. for training days / weekends / weeks
- field trips and other Cadet activities and events
- donate to our encampment fund for summer/winter camp
- donate to support a local Cadet’s participation in a Wing, Regional, National or International activity
- contribute to our Cadet Flight Scholarship fund
- sponsor a new cadet in need of uniform items (approx $300)
- sponsor a new cadet to attend their first encampment (approx $250)
- sponsor a cadet through our Cadet Flight Scholarship fund (each scholarship provided is $1500 and is meant to assist a new, aspiring aviator work toward their Private Pilot License
- sponsor a cadet to attend a Wing, Regional, National or International activity (prices vary based on the activity)
- sponsor the local Squadron hosting a Cadet training activity open to cadets throughout the Wing
- sponsor equipment and uniform items for our local Squadron Color Guard / Honor Guard Cadets
- Goods and Services
- provide lunch for extended training activities and multi-day training exercises
- provide refreshments for Squadron promotion / events
- provide an event-based cake for a Squadron awards ceremony or change of command
- donate fitness equipment items for funds to purchase needed equipment
- provide photography for special events
- provide a Cadet “fun day” event at your business to help foster team building and camaraderie
- Office / Classroom furniture and/or equipment
- donate furniture and equipment to help build our learning environment
- And as always, you can donate your time and talents
NOTE: We will recognize you for your donation / sponsorship unless you request to remain anonymous.
For more information, contact the Mobile Composite Squadron and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Mobile Composite Squadron, CAP
(251) 289 – 0247
Or click here: