SAREX – May 2019
Hosted By: Mobile Composite Squadron AL-005
This is a multi-day event. You do NOT have to sign up for each day. HOWEVER, if you are participating on Saturday, please plan to participate all day.
FRI, 17 May 2019
SAT, 18 May 2019
SUN, 19 May 2019
LOCATION: Dauphin Island Airport and City Council
Please complete the following form to indicate your availability to participate in the upcoming SAREX.
SAREX will begin at 1500L (3:00 PM) on Friday May 17, 2019.
- Cadet uniform will be ABU’s. Any Cadet without ABU’s may wear any CAP uniform.
- We will set up canopy, table, chairs, and communications equipment at the airport.
- We will then go to the City Council room at the Dauphin Island Town Hall.
- We will set up tables, chairs, status boards, and communications equipment.
SAREX will begin at 0800L (8:00 AM) on Saturday May 18, 2019.
Cadet uniform for the SAREX will be ABU’s.
- AL-005 Cadets traveling to the SAREX by CAP van will meet at Signature at 6:30 AM.
- Cadets traveling direct will meet at City Council room/Dauphin Island Town Hall at 8 AM.
- Cadets will attend the briefing that should be completed by about 9 AM.
- Cadets will then be assigned duties:
- Mission Staff (Assist Senior member Mission Staff).
- Communications at Mission Base.
- Communications at Dauphin Island airport (3 or 4 Cadets).
- Ground/UDF Teams.
Cadets should bring funds for lunch on Saturday, Ground/UDF Teams will be deployed before lunch time and will find a local fast food location for lunch. Those Cadets working at the airport and Mission Base will order fast food locally along with the Senior Members.
There are rest room facilities at Mission Base, an RV with rest room will be at Dauphin Island airport.
It is not a requirement that Cadets attend all three days and they will be given credit for the task that they satisfactorily complete.
Parents are welcome to assist by supervising Cadets, going to pick up food, etc.
SAREX will end at 1100L (11:00 AM) on Sunday May 19, 2019.
- Cadet uniform for the SAREX will be ABU’s.
- Cadets will attend the briefing that should be completed by about 11 AM.
These times may vary since we are discussing having a cookout late Saturday afternoon.