- This event has passed.
Roy E Ray Fly-In
May 4 @ 09:00 - 17:00
ROY E. RAY ANNUAL FLY-IN:
Event: 4 May 2019
Location: Roy E Ray Airport, Irvington, AL
Event Time: All day
Description: FAMILY FUN DAY! This is an annual Fly-in. Aircraft from other communities and airports will fly in for the day, giving people an up-close and personal view of some old military aircraft, and even some high speed passes by some restored, foreign-flown military aircraft. Talk with the pilots/aircraft owners, peruse the classic cars, grab a plate of food and don’t miss the homemade ice cream. Weather permitting, it will be a full day of aviation talk with an occasional tall tale planned. Don’t miss the Stearman Missing Man Formation.
1) SETUP/BREAKDOWN: of the CAP Recruiting Booth and fundraising items.
2) CADET COLOR GUARD: at least 3 Cadets for the CAP Cadet Flag Raising Ceremony at noon. (Practice at 1100).
3) MAN THE BOOTH: (Cadets, Seniors and Parents) to rotate manning our booth to answer questions about CAP and assist in our fundraising sale of popcorn and baked goods.
4) BAKED GOODS: Donations of baked goods for this fundraiser.
5) MANDATORY FAMILY FUN: Come enjoy this local aviation favorite event. Bring chairs and sunscreen. Food, drinks and snacks are cash-only sales.
Event Attendance Form
Aircraft From Past Fly-Ins:
There are always multiple Boeing-Stearman Bi-Wing WW-II Trainers at this event.
T-6 WW-II Trainer
Vultee BT-13 Valiant
CTSW Light Aircraft
AVIAT HUSKY A-1B
2015 Cessna Grand Caravan C208EX
Amateur Built Breese
Other Homebuilt Aircraft
A number of other Antique Aircraft
*And several Antique Cars