- This event has passed.
WESS – Mar2019
March 8 - March 10
5 October 2018
MEMORANDUM FOR CIVIL AIR PATROL MEMBERS
SUBJECT: 2019 Wing Emergency Services School
FROM: Activity Director
1. The 2019 Wing Emergency Services School (WESS) begins in January 2019. This will begin a training program for senior members and cadets based on the National Emergency Services Curriculum, a task-based training program that stresses practical skills.
2. The activity dates are as follows:
7-9 December 2018 Staff Training
11-13 January 2019 WESS 19-01
8-10 February 2019 WESS 19-02
8-10 March 2019 WESS 19-03
12-14 April 2019 WESS 19-04
10-12 May 2019 WESS 19-05 and Graduation
3. The training is provided by National Emergency Services Academy staff and prior WESS graduates.
4. WESS Training is based at the Vigilant Warrior OTS Training site in Titus, Alabama. All participants will stay at Vigilant Warrior unless arrangements are made with the Activity Director. Directions to the training site can be found under the Information – Documents section of wess.alwg.us.
5. Details for each weekend will be provided no later than two weeks prior to each training weekend. Generally, weekends begin at 1800 on Friday, and end at 1230 on Sunday. The last event will close with WESS Graduation, which will conclude at 1400.
6. Although we work in the field, this is not a “boot camp” atmosphere; we stress a program of teamwork and task completion.
7. The WESS offers coursework for Ground Search And Rescue (GSAR), Mission Aircrew, Wilderness Advanced First Aid, and Mission Management Staff. Details are available at wess.alwg.us.
8. All WESS Courses are open to both senior and cadet members. Age restriction may apply and are listed under each course.