How to Join CAP as an Adult
(Ages 18 and Up)
* Senior Members include the membership categories of: Active Member, Fifty Year, Life and Cadet Sponsor.
Senior Member prospects must:
- be at least 18 years of age or be a member of the Armed Forces on active duty at any age,
- be a citizen of the United States of America or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence,
- meet suitability requirements as outlined in CAPR 39-2, para 126.96.36.199.,
To Apply, Senior Member Prospects Must:
- participate in a trial period by attending three (3) Squadron meetings before requesting membership,
- You are invited to attend a Squadron Open House or visit a MONDAY Meeting.
- Complete a total of 3 Squadron Visits (attending an Open House counts as one). This allows Prospective Senior Members the opportunity to get a good feel for what CAP has to offer, what the expectations are for Senior Members, and to have any questions answered.
- Express your interest in joining and request a Membership Board from the Squadron Commander. A Membership Board allows both the Prospective Senior Member and Squadron Leadership to discuss the details of membership before officially applying for membership.
- be approved by the Unit Membership Board (IAW CAPR 39-2, para 1.5.).
Senior Member Application Process:
- Once approved to apply by the Unit Commander:
- The applicant will be provided a paper Senior Member Application by the Unit Commander to fill out. (There is not an online application for Senior Members at this time.)
- The applicant will be provided a FD 258 Fingerprint Card to have completed by an approved law enforcement agency to be submitted for the FBI criminal records check.
- Submit your application, fingerprint card and dues through one of the ways listed under Step 5 at the following webpage:
- Take a CAP Membership Photo to submit online once you have access to eServices.
Membership card photo guidelines can be found here:
- Submit your CAP Membership Photo. As soon as you have a CAP ID and login credentials:
– Log into eServices at http://capnhq.gov/
– Click on your name in the top, right corner of the screen
– Click on “General Info”
– Scroll down to “Membership Card”
– Click on “Click here to upload a photo for your membership card, 101 card, etc.”
– Follow the instructions to upload your photo.
- If you have already received your CAP Membership Card and it does not contain your photo, click on “Click here to purchase a replacement membership card”
– You must have a valid CAP ID with photo for certain privileges.
No need to wait while your Membership Application is being processed. Click the button below to get started.