CADET AEROSPACE EDUCATION
Aerospace Education is one of CAP’s Congressionally mandated missions. It is also an important part of cadet progression as one of the five required program elements of Cadet Programs.
1. Use the Promotion Progress Form to determine IF an Aerospace Education test is required for you next promotion. (Not all Achievements require an AE test.)
2. There are two AE programs depending on your Achievement level.
*NOTE: Course textbooks are mailed to cadets and are also available online via eServices. (Menu – Aerospace Education – AE Downloads and Resources)
- Phase I and II Cadets: Aerospace Dimensions. Cadets may take any of the six (6) module tests in any order to accommodate the unit Cadet Programs schedule of AE classes and activities.
a. Introduction To Flight
b. Aircraft Systems and Airports
c. Air Environment
e. Space Environment
- Phase III and IV Cadets: Aerospace: The Journey of Flight. Cadets complete one test during Achievements 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, and 16. Cadets may take the tests in any order to accommodate the unit cadet programs schedule of AE classes and activities. If possible, cadets should study the “Journey” chapters that correspond to the “Aerospace Dimensions” module being studied by the cadets the Phase III and IV cadets are mentoring or instructing.
a. Introduction To Flight – corresponding study: “Journey” Chapters 1, 7, and 8
b. Aircraft Systems and Airports – corresponding study: “Journey” Chapters 2, 9, and 10
c. Air Environment – corresponding study: “Journey” Chapters 3, 18, and 19
d. Rockets – corresponding study: “Journey” Chapters 4. 21, and 23
e. Space Environment – corresponding study: “Journey” Chapters 5, 24, and 25
f. Spacecraft – corresponding study: “Journey” Chapters 6, 26, and 27 3.
HOW TO TAKE YOUR TEST
When you are ready to take the test, log into eServices (www.capnhq.gov) using your CAPID and password.
- Click on “Menu” with the three horizontal lines, located in the top left of the screen
- Click on “Cadet Programs” in the drop-down menu
- Click on “Cadet Online Testing” in the drop-down menu. This will take you to the testing page
- Under “Modules” on the left-side menu, click on “Aero Dimensions Tests”
- Select and complete the test you have prepared to take